Wednesday, February 4, 2015

the morning hour




Morning.  My time.  The girls are on their way to school.  So grateful that as they have grown older I have been gifted this hour between when they and I leave.  So much happens in this hour.  I breathe for one.  Getting two girls out of bed, dressed, breakfast in them and out the door can be irritating on the best days like World War III on the worst.

But here sits this hour.  I can browse online, wash dishes, throw in a load of laundry, brew a batch of tea, listen to some classical music and write this.  This is a gift this hour to someone like me who works best in small batches.  I remember learning about "transition" time for wee ones when my girls were young.  How you give them that little warning/window before you move onto something else.  I find as an adult I need that even more.

So here is to those little bits of time we find.  The ones that mean the most.  Small blessings.

The blessing of clean dishes in the sink.


4 comments:

Bev said...

A night owl, my time was always after the kids had gone to bed. It is so important to many of us to have 'me time' in which to be who we are at our core.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Bev, I used to stay up after the girls went to bed too, but anymore I can't make it....growing older. I do carve out a 1/2 hour to read in bed though!

Angela said...

Beautiful blog! I am following you in the previous blog. I read before going to bed and being older I try Sudoku to keep mind in good condition.
I like your style of writing and truly enjoy your blog. Thank you!